Thursday, August 6, 2009

MONEY WOES: FAT JOE VS BIG PUNS WIFE OVER ROYALTIES


Beefing over money? What else is new? Oh wait, it's over a deceased rapper's royalties? *sigh*

This is the case between Liza Rios (Big Pun's wife) and Fat Joe over Pun's royalties. Somebody either spent all the money or pocketed the profit.

In a candid interview with Ms. Drama, Rios confesses her dyer financial situation and says she's living in a SHELTER with her children. She does admit receiving $160,000 in royalties, but she used it in mortgage payments and childcare.





Fat Joe caught wind of the controversial footage above and released a statement to Life Files via Miss Info:
“Immediately after Puns death I gave Liza Rios the whole advance of the Endangered Species album, NO ONE but Liza made a dollar off that album. I also gave her the total advance from the publishing company that was due to Big Pun.

I’ve never made a dollar off Big Pun since his passing. This was hundreds of thousands of dollars of frivolous spending, after the second payoff I washed my hands. Since then we have been through 6 lawyers, harassment on various radio stations and online mediums every time she needs more money. I also have legal documents stating that NO ONE is making money off of Big Pun.

I sympathize with Liza, but I have done already done enough for her. In these economic times we as parents need to be resilient and do what it takes to provide for our own families.”

No comments:

Post a Comment